Leak- 524.2 P&T EST Analytical

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey there,

Running 524.2 with EST Analytical's Evolution and Centurion with success for the past two years. Their instruments are connected to an Agilent GCMS. Wanted to see if folks have been able to resolve leaks originating from the water bottle feeding the autosampler.

I’m having difficulties with a leak at the water bottle cap on a Centurion autosampler. The leak detector is showing that its coming from the cap/O-ring. I’ve tried reseating the cap/o-ring many times and I inspected the o-ring (it shows no signs of wear and tear). I ensured the brass fittings that hold the water lines are tight and I’m making sure to not overtighten the cap, but still can’t plug the leak. Any ideas for resolving this?

-Jim
I have had a nick get in the top edge of the bottle before. That can cause a leak in this area.

Also if you have a silicon stopcock grease you could take out the O-ring and grease it with that then wipe it clean and it can help it seal. If there is any dust on the O-ring it can cause a leak and this can remove any tiny flecks that are difficult to see. Just be sure to wipe it down to where there is no heavy film of grease left, just enough to make the O-ring glossy.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
I've been through that with many different autosamplers, usually caused by over tightening. Usually replacing the cap and the oring resolved the issue. Sometimes the tubing connection needed to be re terminated.
3 posts Page 1 of 1