Problem with Agilent chemstation E02

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a software problem with chemstation E02. I don't have another version to update the software. The GCMS is model 7890A-5975C. I think all will be fixed with the version 3. Someone would have that version?
E.02.02 was the newest version of that MSDChemstation. The next software was MassHunter which included a version F of the data analysis but not system control, MassHunter is now used for system control. It is compatible with some 5975, but not sure all models, and not compatible with any older model MS.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Thank you. I don't have problems with the version E02 for Data Analysis, only with the Enhanced Chemstation. My gc model is a 7890A with a 5975C msd, would be compatible with the E03 version?
What's the issue you're having with E.02?
cesarp wrote:
Thank you. I don't have problems with the version E02 for Data Analysis, only with the Enhanced Chemstation. My gc model is a 7890A with a 5975C msd, would be compatible with the E03 version?

As far as I can tell Agilent never made a E03 version of the software, E.02.02 is the newest version. After that you would need to switch to Mass Hunter software which should also be compatible.
As James_Ball has mentioned, E.02.02 was the last version, after that it's MassHunter time.

However, if your problem is compatibility issues when running E.02.02 after upgrading to Windows 10 I may be able to help. Agilent says E.02.02 is officially unsupported on Win 10, but you can actually run it more or less fine with a few tweaks.
wss wrote:
As James_Ball has mentioned, E.02.02 was the last version, after that it's MassHunter time.

However, if your problem is compatibility issues when running E.02.02 after upgrading to Windows 10 I may be able to help. Agilent says E.02.02 is officially unsupported on Win 10, but you can actually run it more or less fine with a few tweaks.

I just went through this with W10. Found that one of our 6890s will not work with E.02.02, only E.02.01 and earlier. Also found that E.02.00 will not read the analyte database from newer versions, just gives garbled information in a single analyte entry. I was swapping computers and software between two instruments until I found the combination that works.

The only thing I have not gotten to work with E.02 and W10 is the library search reports. Simple double right click search works but the full reports don't.
7 posts Page 1 of 1