Icp-ms nylon tubing for argon

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I have an Agilent icpms 7800 and due to a lab move I will need to have the argon dewar about 50 ft from the instrument. The helium tank will stay next to the instrument.. When initially set up by agilent they provided nylon tubing, but the dewar was only about six feet from the instrument a the time.. Agilent charges $500 for 5 meters of nylon tubing. Any possible issues of having a longer amount of tubing on the argon? Also should I be looking for a specific quality standard for the nylon tubing? Would stainless tubing be ok to use instead of nylon? I have a few hundred feet of it left over from hydrogen line installs but haven't had much luck on finding information on how the material, and length of tubing may affect the instrument.
Our Argon comes in from a large tank outside the lab, runs through copper lines to just before the instrument then the nylon to the instrument. Stainless steel should not be a problem but I think you will want 1/4" if possible to handle the high flow rate needed.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
2 posts Page 1 of 1