AGILENT GC 6890/MSD 5973 with broken hard drive PC

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Good morning everybody, I'm in Cameroun and working in a university. Fees years ago we received an AGILENT 6890/5973 GCMSD system from Europe. Unfortunately, the computer where the software were installed had a crash and the hard drive went unusable. These last days we are trying to install it back using CHEMSTATION as we have a LC-DAD from Agilent. I'll like to know how to proceed to set up the system and how to allow chemstation to identify my system. Please. The GC/MS is connected to computer by a GPIB connector, and we want to use windows XP SP3.
Thank you to help me
The GCMS software for the 5973/6890 is totally different than LC-DAD software or regular GC software. You'd need GCMS software, did Europe provide those discs???

Am I correct in assuming that the "dead" computer communicated with the GC and MSD with a GPIB board, like 83241 or 82350 ???
Goodnight, no unfortunately, they did not provide any disk.
You are right, the GCMSD is connected to the computer through a GPIB CARD.
TchankoPharm wrote:
Good morning everybody, I'm in Cameroun and working in a university. Fees years ago we received an AGILENT 6890/5973 GCMSD system from Europe. Unfortunately, the computer where the software were installed had a crash and the hard drive went unusable. These last days we are trying to install it back using CHEMSTATION as we have a LC-DAD from Agilent. I'll like to know how to proceed to set up the system and how to allow chemstation to identify my system. Please. The GC/MS is connected to computer by a GPIB connector, and we want to use windows XP SP3.
Thank you to help me

Hello

Write to me henry_lp04@hotmail.com
Hi good evening everybody.
I'm ve been looking for a software tfor my GC6890plus/MSD5973., I'll like to remind if it comes to somebody to give a hand however, is it possible to find somebody who knows how to establish contact with Agilent IO suite 15.5 through GPIB82350B?. I got a Chemstation 17.07 GC but I cannot connect the GC while the MSD is almost connected. Could somebody helps me please? Thanks in advance
You need G1701DA Chemstation MSD D version that is the last version of Chemstation MSD That can operate a GC/MS via GPIB communications vs network. Otherwise you will have to upgrade the communications on both the GC and MSD to network which is probably prohibitively expensive.

Email me @ sschoe2[at]yahoo.com I am pretty sure I have that CD arround I will check tomorrow and see if I can send you an image via drop box.
I can supply replacement media for G1701AA
I checked and I do have Chemstation MSD G1701 D.03.00 SP1 which can control GPIB instrument systems and runs under Windows XP.

I burned it to an ISO and saved it in dropbox. Emal me at sschoe2[at]yahoo.com and I can send you a link.
KM-USA wrote:

Hi, sorry to bother you, but I was recommended to contact you by MSChemist. I'm trying to get an HP5890/5970 working together, and the earliest software version he has is G1701BA, which unfortunately does not support the 5970. I was wondering if you could give me a copy of G1701AA. Apologies for the strange circumstances, but if you could help, I would greatly appreciate it.
AdaptiveChemicalsLLC wrote:
KM-USA wrote:

Hi, sorry to bother you, but I was recommended to contact you by MSChemist. I'm trying to get an HP5890/5970 working together, and the earliest software version he has is G1701BA, which unfortunately does not support the 5970. I was wondering if you could give me a copy of G1701AA. Apologies for the strange circumstances, but if you could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

I can supply replacement media for both G1034c revision C.01.05 (which we used for 5890 interfaced with 5971A) and for G1701AA. The G1034c is about 6MB so can be sent by E-mail. I have made an ISO Image of G1701AA in the past, would need to re-learn how to send that. Since we don't have private messaging here, you'll need to supply your E-mail address here and I'll contact you. Maybe use form like "ABC at 123 dot com". I can also make CD and mail that. If the software does work for you, I ask for a small payment.
For sending ISO's I just make a DropBox account and store the ISO there and click share and enter in the email of the person I want to send it to as requested. It then sends a link for them to download.

He has Smart Card II plus so G1701AA should work for him.
KM-USA wrote:
you'll need to supply your E-mail address here and I'll contact you. Maybe use form like "ABC at 123 dot com".

His is croix.crutcher[at]gmail.com
My email address is croix.crutcher@gmail.com. MSChemist's method of uploading the ISO by putting it on dropbox and sharing it works well, and just to clarify, I do need G1701AA. Also, do you have venmo or something similar? I don't mind paying at all.
AdaptiveChemicalsLLC wrote:
My email address is croix.crutcher@gmail.com. MSChemist's method of uploading the ISO by putting it on dropbox and sharing it works well, and just to clarify, I do need G1701AA. Also, do you have venmo or something similar? I don't mind paying at all.

I "think" I transferred the G1701AA ISO Image to you with https://www.transfernow.net/en

You try it and see if it works for you first. If that doesn't get to you I could investigate DropBox.
Last E-mail I got, he was loading that and looking for his Agilent license code; he may need help from someone here if he cannot locate that.
15 posts Page 1 of 1