RT Locking 5973 for multiple methods

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm finally getting around to RT locking my system since I have to clean source and put on a new calibration. I was going to do the RT Locking with 5 method blanks since its easier to load those. My question is that perhaps I need to do it with 5 CCV's since they have all the method analytes and not just the internal standards and surrogates. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I decided better safe than sorry and put on 5 CCV's.
Finished and got the RT Lock. Its still not clear if I could have just used blanks. I locked them on the toluene-d8 surrogate.

Apparently you cannot just copy the RTLOCK directory to another method that uses the exact same instrument conditions but has a smaller analyte list. I have a full 8260 VOC method and a BTEX method and because aquisition is identical I can process 8260 for BTEX or BTEX for 8260. But apparently RTLOCK files acquired by 8260 are not recognized as BTEX.

However, if I save the 8260 method under another name (e.g. 8260sim) that method is able to use the lock files.

Any idea how I can just cut and paste to my BTEX method?
LALman wrote:
Finished and got the RT Lock. Its still not clear if I could have just used blanks. I locked them on the toluene-d8 surrogate.

Apparently you cannot just copy the RTLOCK directory to another method that uses the exact same instrument conditions but has a smaller analyte list. I have a full 8260 VOC method and a BTEX method and because aquisition is identical I can process 8260 for BTEX or BTEX for 8260. But apparently RTLOCK files acquired by 8260 are not recognized as BTEX.

However, if I save the 8260 method under another name (e.g. 8260sim) that method is able to use the lock files.

Any idea how I can just cut and paste to my BTEX method?

Can you save the 8260 method as BTEX and it work?
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
James_Ball wrote:

Yes I can do that. I would have to delete 52 peaks afterwards but that would work.
LALman wrote:
James_Ball wrote:

Yes I can do that. I would have to delete 52 peaks afterwards but that would work.

At least deleting is much faster than adding :)
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
5 posts Page 1 of 1