Fault condition on Sciex3200

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
We shut down our API3200 to move from one bench to another but now when trying to bring it back online the software does not communicate with the MS, it will communicate with the HPLC Pump and Autosampler over serial but the MS it does not detect. I have replaced the GPIB cable but that did not help. The faults lights are both steady on (red and green), but I have not found in the manual what that might indicate. Just wondering if anyone else that uses the Sciex instruments may have seen this before.

Thanks for any information.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Hi,

I don t know if you solve your issue.
Did you try to connect the GPib cable directly inside the instrument. You have to remove the back cover.

Regards

Pierre
That is something I did not try, but I just looked inside and the connector inside is 25 pin connector with round pins, but the GPIB has flat pins. I would need some type of adapter to make this work.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
3 posts Page 1 of 1