Viewing Oven Temp Actual vs. Setpoint- MassHunter

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know how to view the actual oven temp vs. the setpoint in real-time during a ramp? Using MassHunter, version 10.

Thanks in advance!
I have MassHunter version 7 and what shows on the screen is the actual, not sure if they changed that in version 10. I have watched it on the GC and what is on screen matched the actual instead of the setpoint(7890B) but there is a slight lag between the display on the GC and what appears on the computer screen.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Thanks for the response, James! I actually found what I was looking for by opening the GC Edit Parameters window. There's a section at the top called "Front Inlet Flow Path" that compares the actual temp with the setpoint/expected temp at a given moment in a run.
Hi Kacie and James,

Here is another way to do it: Edit the GC method and go to the Signals tab. Here you can specify 4 signals that will be recorded in the data file: typically this is used for GC detectors like FID, TCD, etc. However, if you click on these signals you will see there is a set of diagnostic signals that can be recorded. It is possible to save both the Oven Temperature Setpoint and Oven Temperature Actual as signals in your data file.

If you then go into Qual and load the data file, you can view these traces by click Actions > Extract All Non-MS Chromatograms (you may have to poke around to find this option in Qual 10 if that's the version you're using.)

If you're using MSD Chemstation DA the other signals should be loaded when you load the data file.
Hi, here is a screenshot of how to set up the diagnostic signals as mentioned above.

https://i.imgur.com/kmm8ZKh.png
5 posts Page 1 of 1