Do you plumb your carrier gas like this RESTEK post?

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I just read this link posted by RESTEK.
https://blog.restek.com/purge-and-trap- ... tallation/
My own 5973/6890 was set up with the carrier gas coming from the inlet going bare in the lab air to my Tekmar 3000. This post suggests putting the source line into the covering of the transfer line.

Do any of you think this will actually affect the chromatography? Or is this just a way to be neat?
I had one setup like that when it was installed by EST, all the rest are just a separate run of bare tubing out the back and to the purge and trap.

Honestly, the one that has it through the transfer line heater is more of a pain to deal with since you have two lines there near the inlet instead of just one.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
It did not seem like it would make a difference and it looked like trouble to do it. I thought I should ask around. All my machines are plumbed like yours. It makes it easier to flush the transfer line because of access and not being heated the transfer line is easy to flush using the supply line.
3 posts Page 1 of 1