LC-MS - lactic acid

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

My interesting molecule is lactic acid and I am trying to develop a method with Agilent LC-MS.
Would you please help me to develop my method by choosing the best mobile phase and other settings? my column is C8.
Also please let me know what kind of internal standard should be used? and is the internal standards used only for the calibration curve or for all the real samples?

Cheers,
Magee
All I can share is that we used Na lactate as standard (to avoid lactic acid polymerization), Prevail organic acid column, dilute sulfuric acid as mobile phase, and conductivity detector.
The internal standard goes in all calibration standards and all samples at the same concentration level. It is used to correct for any effect the matrix has on instrument sensitivity.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
3 posts Page 1 of 1