Masshunter arrange compounds by -> user defined

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm looking for a way to arrange my compounds in a self-defined order, instead of by retention time, for my headspace analysis

In the normal routine all compounds are arranged by retention time. In order to work faster we would like to arrange them by type. e.g. THM's, (benzene, xylene,...), pesticides, ...
In case of eg. a fuell contamination it is not necessary to process any other compound than the benzene group.

In normal work vieuw clicking right button of the mouse will give you a menu that has an option: "arrange compounds by" -> this has a submenu: 'name', 'ret. time', 'Mass', ISTD, compound group, user defined.
I'd like the user defined option, but I have no idea where tot define my prefered settings.

Can anyone please help me?

Thx
BMU
I have found that if you add any compound after you first build the quant method they are always at the bottom of the list when reviewing, but in retention time order when in edit method. If you add a single compound then save and quant something then return and edit the method and add the compounds in the order you want, maybe they will then remain in that order as no matter what order I sort them into in edit, they always seem to return to putting new compounds at the bottom when I exit edit. Of course this may just be a bug in my software but might be good to try.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
2 posts Page 1 of 1