524.2 Instrument Question

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
We are in process of upgrading our Agilent 6890/5973 instrument and have got bids back from Agilent (8890/5977B) and Thermo Trace 1300/ISQ 7000.
We want Agilent as we are an Agilent shop, but Thermo came in $20K lower.
Does Thermo have tuning macros similar to Agilent's BFB_AT? Can the thermo deal with the water? 6 mm drawout plate (if Thermo even uses a drawout).
Anything else you can give me that may justify the Agilent bid?

Many thanks
Bear
What source are they quoting from Agilent? There is a big difference in price between a standard source, extractor source and the new HEI source. For 524 you would only need a standard source, but the extra for the extractor source is worth it, the HEI I am not so sure about yet.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
James_Ball wrote:
What source are they quoting from Agilent? There is a big difference in price between a standard source, extractor source and the new HEI source. For 524 you would only need a standard source, but the extra for the extractor source is worth it, the HEI I am not so sure about yet.

I was able to compare two equipment, the 6890-5973N vs that Thermo GC / MS. Without a doubt 6890-5973N is more sensitive.
James, we are asking for the extractor source with an additional 6mm drawout.
Bigbear wrote:
James, we are asking for the extractor source with an additional 6mm drawout.

Good choice. If you haven't used one yet, I think you will like it.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
5 posts Page 1 of 1