Finnigan MAT ITS 40 Software

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

23 posts Page 2 of 2
At the meantime, I have managed to install ITDS software onto MS-DOS 5.0 and it seems that even works ! I can load Instrument control panel on the screen, and it even shows , that communication works - arrows between PC and ITD pictures are nicely "dancing" - but actual information about temperatures is obviously wrong and no signs of something is happening - other screen details are static.
Nothing is changed in hardware ( excluding HDD, of course ! ) ITD still is connected through IEEE488 GBIP port on IRQ5 and with GC ( Varian 3400 ) through COM1 ( IRQ4). Any idea, what need to be configured further - hardware or software ?
The ITD software is incompatible with the ITS 40. You need the Magnum software, 3.0 preferred.

Please reply on here if you still follow this thread so I can provide more detailled instructions.
HbJ wrote:
The ITD software is incompatible with the ITS 40. You need the Magnum software, 3.0 preferred.

Please reply on here if you still follow this thread so I can provide more detailled instructions.

Thanks for advise ! For regret it is true, I failed to launch MS through my old Copmpaq PC, and have already am using Vx software ( seems, that it is exactly for Magnum as you say ) from Adron Systems LLC which works fine on Win7 Pentium . So finally my ITS40 works again !
But I am still looking for original software, and would be grateful if somebody could offer - I would be happy to restore old system in it's original shape. From my side am ready to share ITD software I have.
HbJ wrote:
Yes, you need the proper ROM images and a programmer (I'm using a GALEP 5).
If somebody needs those image files, I'll happily upload those.

Now on e-Bay are available CDs with full version of Saturn 5.3 ( or Saturn 5.5 ) software, and if it could be compatible with ITS40 ( I am not sure about that ), I could be interested to have this image files.
I will dig up the ROM images, please stay tuned :)
HbJ wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply, you can mail them to sklimanskis ( at google ).
HbJ wrote:

Good day ! Did you manage to find ROM images for EPROMs ? Thanks for your help !
Good news. I have managed to find Varian Saturn 5.2 software and EPROMs set on the market, and my ITS40 works again absolutely fine being connected to original Compaq 386/20e DeskPro PC.
23 posts Page 2 of 2