Sciex Tune Report

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
When reviewing a tune report I know that the mass shift should be less than .1 Da and that the resolution/width should be .7 Da or less.

Is there a specification for the intensity per scan? For example when I run PPG how am I to know if 4.93E5 cps for a given mass is a strong signal or a weak signal?

Additional information that may be helpful is that I am using a Sciex 3200 Q Trap.
Somebody has to know something!
alexcowart wrote:

I don't have it handy at the moment, but I always compare to the data packet they left with from the initial install of the instrument. I will have to see if I can find it when I get back to the LCMS again.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
I would appreciate that greatly!
James_Ball wrote:
alexcowart wrote:

I don't have it handy at the moment, but I always compare to the data packet they left with from the initial install of the instrument. I will have to see if I can find it when I get back to the LCMS again.

Go to the "API Instrument" project and open the data folder named "year-month-installation" (or similar). In this folder, you will find the data that was acquired during installation, you can use that as a reference for your instrument's performance.
5 posts Page 1 of 1