Feedback on API4000 coupled to Dionex Ultimate 3000 UHPLC

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have an API4000 and separately I purchased the front end UHPLC a Dionex ultimate 3000. I have not put them together because I was advised to buy a shimadzu prominence for the front end. But after doing some research on the web, I have found quite a few published research papers where researchers use API4000 coupled to Dionex Ultimate 3000.

I need feedback from Chromforum as to whether Dionex3000/API4000 is a good combination. Please, if any of you have any experience with this configuration, your opinion on this matter would be greatly appreciated......

thx
Hi,

We have had a 4000 QTRAP interfaced with a Dionex 3000 RS since 2010. This was the recommended configuration at that time. Analyst is not the most user friendly software and together with Chromeleon you must proceed in a certain order otherwise it may crush, however once you know how things work, the system runs pretty smoothly. If you have a spare Dionex system, I think it would be a pity to buy another LC system.
Gaetan,

thx for the info. I was looking at about 35K to get a prominence unit.

It is a relief to hear that from somebody that has worked on that set up.

I am going to set it up then with the Dionex3000 unit
3 posts Page 1 of 1