CombiPAL z-axis error

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am having an issue with our CombiPAL autosampler which we use for greenhouse gas analysis. The objects are all configured properly in the sampler handheld unit. If I check the object position of the rear injector, it travels to the proper location and also the Needle Penetration is good. When I run an injection from the sample tray, it travels to the tray, collects the sample with no issues and moves to the injector and positions properly on top of the injector. When it attempts to descend to perform the injection into the injector it makes a grinding/slipping noise and does not descend to the proper depth. The needle does not bend and it still performs the injection although the needle is not much further inserted than the bottom of the injector nut. Once it is done the injection, it returns to zero on the z-axis and you can hear that it bangs into the zero position too hard since it had attempted to descend further than it was able during injection. Checking the object positions again from the handheld after the failed attempt still works fine and it has no issues moving to the injector and fully inserting the needle. The short and long tension cords are new and the knots on the cords are oriented properly.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
SoilTech19 wrote:
Hello,

I am having an issue with our CombiPAL autosampler which we use for greenhouse gas analysis. The objects are all configured properly in the sampler handheld unit. If I check the object position of the rear injector, it travels to the proper location and also the Needle Penetration is good. When I run an injection from the sample tray, it travels to the tray, collects the sample with no issues and moves to the injector and positions properly on top of the injector. When it attempts to descend to perform the injection into the injector it makes a grinding/slipping noise and does not descend to the proper depth. The needle does not bend and it still performs the injection although the needle is not much further inserted than the bottom of the injector nut. Once it is done the injection, it returns to zero on the z-axis and you can hear that it bangs into the zero position too hard since it had attempted to descend further than it was able during injection. Checking the object positions again from the handheld after the failed attempt still works fine and it has no issues moving to the injector and fully inserting the needle. The short and long tension cords are new and the knots on the cords are oriented properly.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Check the injection method or create a new one.
2 posts Page 1 of 1