Retention time locking - new method

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I had a method running with retention time locking. That method got corrupted, and I had to rebuild it from default. My question is - is there a way to transfer the retention time lock data to the new method, or do I have to redo it? The method is the same, and no column work was done so there is no retention time changes as yet. I am running on MassHunter 8.0

Thanks!
kristin wrote:
I had a method running with retention time locking. That method got corrupted, and I had to rebuild it from default. My question is - is there a way to transfer the retention time lock data to the new method, or do I have to redo it? The method is the same, and no column work was done so there is no retention time changes as yet. I am running on MassHunter 8.0

Thanks!

I think it's not possible, it's time to recreate it.
Hi, in a recent change (B.07.06 SR1) a feature was added that would allow you to bring the data files into the method, and then recalculate the RTL calibration.

What you would do is navigate into the method.M folder and create a folder called RTLOCK, then navigate to your old method and copy the 5 RTLOCK.D data files and paste them into the newly created RTLOCK folder.

Once the data files are there, go into Acquisition and choose Method > Acquire RTLock Calibration Data.

If you have B.07.06 SR1 or later the software will recognize that data files are present and will ask "Do you want to use the data files or acquire new data?" If you use the existing data, it will re-calculate the calibration.

This is particularly helpful if something annoying happens like the power goes out after injection 4. You could create a method with the right flow rates and acquire that missing RTLOCK5.D file, and then re-trigger the calculation. Alternatively, if you have all your data files but make a mistake or accidentally cancel the calibration you can restart it without having to re-acquire the data files.

Good luck!
aldehyde wrote:
Hi, in a recent change (B.07.06 SR1) a feature was added that would allow you to bring the data files into the method, and then recalculate the RTL calibration.

What you would do is navigate into the method.M folder and create a folder called RTLOCK, then navigate to your old method and copy the 5 RTLOCK.D data files and paste them into the newly created RTLOCK folder.

Once the data files are there, go into Acquisition and choose Method > Acquire RTLock Calibration Data.

If you have B.07.06 SR1 or later the software will recognize that data files are present and will ask "Do you want to use the data files or acquire new data?" If you use the existing data, it will re-calculate the calibration.

This is particularly helpful if something annoying happens like the power goes out after injection 4. You could create a method with the right flow rates and acquire that missing RTLOCK5.D file, and then re-trigger the calculation. Alternatively, if you have all your data files but make a mistake or accidentally cancel the calibration you can restart it without having to re-acquire the data files.

Good luck!

I'm using Chemstation E.02.01 and it will let me save a method that has RTLOCK files under a new name and then I can use them there also. But it will not let me use RTLOCK files copied and pasted into the method tree. Even though my 8260 and BTEX method both use identical aquisition parameters. I can quant an 8260 file as BTEX and vis versa. But I cannot share the RTLOCK files from the 8260 with the BTEX.
LALman wrote:
aldehyde wrote:

Good luck!

I'm using Chemstation E.02.01 and it will let me save a method that has RTLOCK files under a new name and then I can use them there also. But it will not let me use RTLOCK files copied and pasted into the method tree. Even though my 8260 and BTEX method both use identical aquisition parameters. I can quant an 8260 file as BTEX and vis versa. But I cannot share the RTLOCK files from the 8260 with the BTEX.

Are you using a compound that is in both methods for the RT Lock data?
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
LALman wrote:

James_Ball wrote:
Are you using a compound that is in both methods for the RT Lock data?
Yes I'm using toluene-d8
I solved the problem by copying to a new name and then deleting all the not BTEX analytes as you suggested.
6 posts Page 1 of 1