7673 autosampler issues

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Not sure if this is the right forum, but-

After running a 6890/7673 for some months, I am getting a repeated issue with the system just.... pausing itself for no apparent reason. Set the instrument to run, come back later and about half the time the instrument has paused itself. Start it back up, and sometimes it runs just fine other times it pauses again. And again.

Possibly related: Turret error every time I start a new run from a warm start. This can be prevented by removing the turret and re-installing it, no changes made, immediately before starting the run.

Any suggestions? This is an older 6890 that has been retrofit for ethernet connectivity, running Data Apex Clarity on Windows 7.
osp001 wrote:
Not sure if this is the right forum, but-

After running a 6890/7673 for some months, I am getting a repeated issue with the system just.... pausing itself for no apparent reason. Set the instrument to run, come back later and about half the time the instrument has paused itself. Start it back up, and sometimes it runs just fine other times it pauses again. And again.

Possibly related: Turret error every time I start a new run from a warm start. This can be prevented by removing the turret and re-installing it, no changes made, immediately before starting the run.

Any suggestions? This is an older 6890 that has been retrofit for ethernet connectivity, running Data Apex Clarity on Windows 7.
Try moving the turret from its homed position before each start. This forces the system to perform a homing maneuver and seems to help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1