Hi, I'm currently trying to build a setup for quantifying the products I get from electrochemical reduction of CO2 (CH4, CO, C2H4, H2). I'm relatively new to GC and I have some simple questions regarding a 6-port gas sampling valve I recently purchased (6 port 2-pos valve, u-electric, RS-232/485 1/16*.4mm, 50C/400psi gas).

We have a BID detector and use He as our carrier gas. We have a ShinCarbon ST 80/100 column with an ID of 0.53mm.

My first question is regarding the placement of the valve in the setup. I understand that it is supposed to be placed in the carrier gas line, however I want to confirm if I have it correct before I go ahead and cut the tubing. I have attached the diagram of our tubing, and I assume that the valve will be placed in the gas line that I have marked.

I also wonder if I should worry about humidity. I'm not operating at elevated pressures,, and I'm not using any temperature for the cell during the reactions. Do I need to filter the humidity, and if so, can I expect some loss of reaction products during this filtering?

Best regards