Shimadzu AOC-20i GC autosampler

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am from Hungary, from a petrochemical company and i am about to install a new Shimadzu AOC-20i GC autosampler, and my problem is, i cant produce any reproducible peaks with this device, and i have no ide what could be the problem. I tried to inject manually, and in this way the peaks were reproducible, so the problem must be something with the autosampler... Can anyone help me?
Do you actually see the autosampler moving the syringe into the vial and moving into place and injecting into the GC?

Could that autosampler syringe needle be clogged?

Could liquid level in autosampler vial be lower than the needle tip reaches?

Do you see ANY solvent peak at all with the autosampler?
It looks like the syringe works well, and i can see peaks too, but there is a big difference in the peak values. But there is no retention time shift, just quantitative problem... Is there any way to attach an image of the chromatogram?
Have you actually watched it make injections? If so, was it injecting the programmed volume? I have witnessed prior models getting this wrong due to firmware issues.
Thanks,
DR
4 posts Page 1 of 1