NH3, ammonia

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Help!
How can I measure ammonia <1,5% ?
In stock GH Agilent 7890A
Titration with acid?

Total nitrogen?
in the gaseous phase mixed with hydrogen and nitrogen
What detector do you have?

That will determine how sensitive you are to those analytes to better know the rest of the setup.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Two katharometers and one flame ionization detector (FID)
Carrier gases for katharometers - nitrogen and helium,
carrier gas for FID - nitrogen
Try using the Bertholet reaction and measuring the color formed on the spectrophotometer.
Thanks for the idea!
Jamaica1953,

Replace the FID with an argon ionization detector (full disclosure -it is a product I make.) The IP is perfect for this detector. As an alternative, replace the FID with a PID. Both use the same electronics as the FID, neither will see the balance gases, both will have abundant sensitivity. The PID may have an issue with ammonia on the window, the argon ionization detector will not have this issue (being used for this application in on-line analysis all the time.)

Watch for reactivity with tubing and what not.

Probably more answer than you wanted - my apologies.

AICMM
8 posts Page 1 of 1