Make up gas showing a flow when there is none.

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
hello,
I am currently using a 6890
the make up gas flow is showing a value of 10 when the GC is running even though there is no make up gas flowing.
Is this normal ?

Thanks,
Chemiger
99 problems and chromatography is every one !
Hello

You didn't specify detector but I assume you mean FID.
Just disconnect makeup gas line from GC (at the back) and check flow on GC display. Check value 0, check value 10, 25,50 ml/min. If you still have value 10 displayed it means that EPC module could be broken.
Of course make sure that you disconnected correct line (if you have 2 detectors).
I'd strongly recommend to check actual flows with flowmeter (you need to turn off H2 and Air).

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
Not a bad idea to zero pressure sensors.
3 posts Page 1 of 1