6890 GC hangs after d.03.00 PostRun finishes

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using Agilent D.03.00 Chemstationo software and I have a 6890 GC with an FID. After the run completes, the postrun begins, however, when the postrun finishes, the instrument stops responding and won't let me run another sample. I have to restart the computer in order to re-establish communication. Any help would be great!
What are the commands run in the post run section?

Is this MSDChemstation or GC Chemstation?
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Its the MSD chemstation but we are using it just for a 6890 with a FID. Where do I find what commands are being run?
pacerlaser wrote:
Its the MSD chemstation but we are using it just for a 6890 with a FID. Where do I find what commands are being run?

If it is the post run after the method look in the Method/Edit Entire Method menu option. The first screen will have a set of check boxes where you tell it to run the Post Run Macro and the Macro is listed. If you don't need the post run macro just uncheck the box.

There is also a post sequence macro listed the same way in the Sequence/Run Sequence menu item, which you can uncheck if it is checked but you don't need the macro.

I normally set the method to only run Data Acquisition, and turn off the Data Analysis and Post Run Macro, then do the Data Analysis myself after the samples are acquired just to eliminate any possibility an data analysis error will hang the run.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
4 posts Page 1 of 1