Thermo trace GC Ultra - remove PTV injector

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everybody,

I have a small issue with a GC trace Ultra from Thermo. The GC is configured and installed with two injector : 1 SSL and 1 PTV. Everything works fine. I would like to remove the PTV injector but when i did that, an error message appears with PTV temperature (normal because the sensor is disconnected) . I need surely to unconfigured the PTV injector on the GC (i dont have software for this instrument) but i don't know how to do that. I am familiar with agilent 6890 GC => unconfig is automatic when you removed the injector. It seems not be the case with Thermo.
If anybody knows the process, it would be highly helpfull

Thank you a lot

Pierre
Hi Pierre ,

On the mainboard , make a short circuit on the socket , which you removed the sensor of PTV.

All the sensors are connected in series on Thermo GC , and if you remove one sensor , you must put a blind socket to short circuit that socket.
2 posts Page 1 of 1