Agilent 7693A Autosampler: "ALS Failure Code 245"

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Lately, an Agilent 7693A autosampler (model G4513a) intermittently shows error codes. Does anyone know where to find a list of 7693A error codes? I cannot find any Agilent document with these codes.

Status Screen:
ALS Failure State: Preparing Samples
ALS Failure Code 245: Autosampler front tower plunger error

Last time the ALS threw a code, I performed troubleshooting by swapping out cables and towers between our two GC systems. The other GC tower worked on this system, and visa versa. After all the swapping and turning GC system off/on, the code went away. Not sure why.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
The error codes should be in the manual, usually available in pdf format. The plunger error can be a dirty plunger or the slide for the plunger carriage is dirty or misaligned.

Can you slide the plunger up and down easily by grabbing the retaining screw that holds the plunger in place?
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Hi!
I am not fully understand. The tower doing injection or stop any actions?

If sequence aborted and your syringe is not dirty you need to clean up the sensor strip of plunger carriage.
3 posts Page 1 of 1