Multiple Error Codes

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I was using my GC per usual (same types of samples, same method, etc.) when it stopped before finishing all the samples. It had an error code reading "No CAR1 FLOW Module at Connection 1". My helium was a little low so I ordered a replacement and switched it out. Turned the machine back on: same error message. Since then, other error messages have popped up as well. In order they are:
No CAR1 FLOW Module at Connection 1
No CAR2 SPLIT Module at Connection 12
No DTF1 FLOW Module at Connection 5
No DTF3 FLOW Module at Connection 7
Warning: Car1 Inlet <50 Psi, Press CE
and finally, INSTRUMENT SHUTDOWN Pkd 1 PRT ERROR

I have not had much experience troubleshooting errors with this machine but have tried replacing the tank, checking for flow (barely any), I re-cut the column to make sure it wasn't clogged. I do have another column I can replace the current one with (this was a suggestion from someone else).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time,
Brie G.
What is the model and manufacturer of the instrument, difficult to know the errors since each company will use different ones.

The fact it says No *** MODULE bothers me, almost as if it is not detecting the hardware for the gas controllers.

Have you tried powering down the instrument and letting it reboot, it could be just an electrical glitch with the circuit boards.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Thank you for responding!

I am working on a perkin elmer autosystem xl gas chromatograph. It is running Clarus 400.

Yes, I have tried restarting it by turning it on and off again. Is there a more in-depth restart to try?

Since my post I have tried searching for leaks but to no avail.
BrieGalb wrote:
Thank you for responding!

I am working on a perkin elmer autosystem xl gas chromatograph. It is running Clarus 400.

Yes, I have tried restarting it by turning it on and off again. Is there a more in-depth restart to try?

Since my post I have tried searching for leaks but to no avail.

I haven't used the Perkin Elmer GCs so I'm not familiar with how they work, but if you are not getting any flow through the column or from the split vent, I would start looking at a problem with the controller instead of just for leaks. Sometimes if an instrument can't build pressure it will send error for a leak even when it is the pressure control or pressure sensor that is the problem.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Thanks for your help! I believe I have narrowed the problem down to the PPC module and have found some PPC-related troubleshooting posts on this forum. I have not seen any posts related to successfully fixing it however so that's mildly concerning. I have also reached out to Perkin Elmer to see what they advise. I might make another post addressing this.
5 posts Page 1 of 1