GC-MSD connection issue

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I have some problems with Agilent GC-MSD (5795 MSD). When I run samples, the instrument status became offline after the Prerun programme started, then it stopped after the first sample. I had to restart the software to run the next sample, no matter I run samples in a sequence or one by one. I tried to create a new sequence, use new methods, and restart the computer, but it still has this problem. Did anyone have similar problems before?
Version D02.xx? E?
Have you checked or redone the instrument configuration?
Does it say which part of the system went offline, or it's everything (GC, MSD, potential autosampler)? Anything relevant in the current logbook?
I have seen similar problems, I think the network cards get locked up. I have found the best way to fix this is to power cycle everything including the instruments. When doing this, physically pull the power plugs out for 20 seconds. This resets the network cards. Most network cards can stay powered up even when the PC is switched off.

GCguy
GCguy
4 posts Page 1 of 1