Tekmar Stratum Purge and Trap Question and Manual

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Everyone,

We are running an Agilent 7890A with a Teledyne Tekmar Stratum PTC, Aquatek 70 Autosampler and cryofocusing module. The He gas is routed from the GC inlet to the PTC, through the trap and back into the GC. Am I correct in thinking that the inlet should be operated in splitless mode, because so far it has been running at split 1:10, meaning most of the He doesn't even get to PTC. Or is this done on purpose to minimize pressure surges?

Teledyne seem to have removed most references to that model on their website, does anyone have a digital copy of the manual?

Thanks.
Trained_Chimp wrote:
... Am I correct in thinking that the inlet should be operated in splitless mode, because so far it has been running at split 1:10, meaning most of the He doesn't even get to PTC. Or is this done on purpose to minimize pressure surges?

Teledyne seem to have removed most references to that model on their website, does anyone have a digital copy of the manual?

Thanks.

You are not correct. They run with split 50:1
http://www.teledynetekmar.com/resources ... 0524.4.pdf
Note that we do not inject via the Agilent split/splitless injector, but via a Tekmar cryofocusing inlet, which is connected directly to the column (on-column). We only use the Agilent injector to provide a defined Helium flow to the purge & trap concentrator via a transfer line.
I see. It's a pitty Tekmar removed phased out instrument's manuals.
I did find the manual eventually, in case anyone else needs it...
I use a 150:1 split and no cryo.
6 posts Page 1 of 1