no connection between varian 3800 and the computer

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I have a problem with my varian 3800 in these days.

at first, the board of the computer is broken, so we changed a new one. after that, there is no connection between GC and computer. So I want to re-contact the GC with software. I deleted the GC from the software, and want to configure the communication. However, at the step of "Setup BOOTP Server", nothing was shown in the table, and the GC stuck at waiting for network connection.

So, what I can do next?

Thank you very much.

Jay
Hi Jay,

What software have you installed on the new PC to control the 3800GC, Star, Galaxie, or Compass CDS?
Old post, but I wanted to share that this can apparently be caused by insufficient hard drive space or excessive fragmentation of the disk. In my case, deleting some files and defragmenting the drive seemed to solve the problem.
You can configure static IP address from GC keyboard.
Kind of "Options/Ethernet settings"
4 posts Page 1 of 1