Ethanol Gas analysis

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I plan to use GC/MS to quantify the Ethanol gas that withdraw the air part from my reactor bag by doing manual injection with gas tight syringe. But I am not sure how to do the calibration part? Can someone give me some suggestions on that? Thank you !
EtOH is pretty small. You may get better results if you simply use a flame - provided your sample is not really complex.

Preparation of gas standards is tricky business. Your best and most straightforward bet will be to purchase a certified gas standard from a reputable manufacturer (Restek, etc.). I've tried a number of different approaches over the years to make my own gas standards (impurities in CO2 is my game) and I've never been able to do it.
2 posts Page 1 of 1