ELUATION OF HYDROGEN IN RGA

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
My name is Mónica and I'm from Portugal.
I've a RGA HiSpeed and I'm having problems with the H2 peak.
It has about 6 times more area that it should.
This happend after I changed de 13X.
It seams that I've 2 peaks eluting together.
Can someone help me with this?
Thank you so much.
It could be possible that you have Helium present and that Helium and Hydrogen are co-eluting. Their retention times are relatively close, even with a regular (not "Fast") RGA. If that is the case, you need to adjust your column flow to separate the two compounds. Try injecting a standard with helium and no hydrogen to confirm its retention time.

Or your sensitivity is six times as good now and there is no need to worry.
This is a micro GC or a full size GC? You are using argon carrier or nitrogen? Your standard has 6X the hydrogen response than it used to have?

More info, better answer...

Best regards,

AICMM
Thank you so much for the help.
I discovered that the problem was in V3. Was damaged. After being replaced the values of the areas returned to normal.
Next time I'll try to be more explicit, I understood that I was not very clear and did not give enough information.
Once more, thank you
4 posts Page 1 of 1