microECD doesn´t get to 400°C

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with the temperature of my GC-microECD.
Since It started to report signals of 2000 to 2500 Hz I performed a bake-out, but the detector can´t reach 400 °C.
It stays at 350 °C and after approximately 8 hours, gets to a maximum of 370 °C until the time of bake-out is reached.

Unfortunately the signal doesn´t get low, staying at 1900 Hz.
So i was wondering that maybe I need more time of bake-out. (The usual time I use is 28 to 30 hours) or there´s something wrong with the detector, i mean it can´t get to 400 °C.
The regular temperature for my method is 325°C.

I hope you guys can help me out

thanks for your time
Have you set oven temperature to 250°C ?
It may help to reach 400°C by µECD, however 400 is max. temp. for this detector (provided it is manufactured by Agilent).
I had it on 100°C.
How much time do you recommend set at 250°C?
andres escobar wrote:
I had it on 100°C.
How much time do you recommend set at 250°C?

As long as you bake ECD.
https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/supp ... a15698.pdf
You may as well bake your ECD without a capillary column with the inlet capped off with no-hole ferrule. This would give you information if high ECD signal is due to dirty ECD or rather somthing eluting from the column.
4 posts Page 1 of 1