Method for analysis of MTBE by GC-FID?

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I am struggling to find a good method for MTBE using a GC-FID, i am having problems getting peaks at low concentrations (low ppb range). If anyone has anysuggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Purge and trap with heated sparging should reach that level easily.
SPME will perform the analysis levels you require. Also if your automated HS and matrix are suitable low ppb levels of MtBE are possible with that technique as well.
watereng wrote:
I am struggling to find a good method for MTBE using a GC-FID, i am having problems getting peaks at low concentrations (low ppb range). If anyone has anysuggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,
the question is what is Your low level? The best way to separate MTBE from hydrocarbons is the LOWOX-column from CP. 100ppb is a lower limit. Handling is a special. If You have questions ask me.

rgs

Bernd Mischke
bm
4 posts Page 1 of 1