PE autosystem xl short circuit

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
gc with power switch off.
when I insert the socket (with power switch off) the differential switch skips the current off..
What part could be shorted. Transformer or other?
Can someone help me?

Andrea
There might be a fault in the socket. Call an electrician before you set fire to the place or electrocute yourself.

Peter
Peter Apps
unfortunately i've verified the socket with an alectrician and it's ok. The problem is inside the gc but i don't know where :?:
With power switch off , the problem can not be inside the GC , if the switch is o.k.

Check the socket with an ohm meter , all 3 connections in the socket must be open circuit to each other , if everthing is fine.

Check also your power cord , especially the earth connection , the earth connection may be connected to ''neutral '' or ''live '' connections.

What about if the power switch is '' on '' ?
Sorry , I have to clarify one point !
The socket I mentioned , is the socket on the GC which the power cord connected , not the electric socket on the wall.

Do not measure the wall socket with an ohm meter , never !
I suspect that you mean that the RCD/RCCB trips.

In that case, the mains filter is to blame.

Please check for a metal box in the GC which is directly connected to mains and earth. It looks like this: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/power-line-filters/1230151/
6 posts Page 1 of 1