G1512A controller configuration and 5890/G1512A remote cable

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Recently we purchased a refurbished HP 5890 serial II with chemstation software, 7673 autoinjector and G1512A controller and one capillary inlet- front. Later we upgrade the GC with one packed inlet-back. I will connect the back inlet with my autoinjector instead of the front one.

If you are familiar with G1512A controller, you will see there are 16 address switches: left-hand switch are MM PP H BB, and right-hand switches are LF GPIB address(16 8 4 2 1). With GPIB cable connected with computer, do you know what right -hand address should I use for my address switches?

I also have a spare cable 35900-60700 which I checked is for "remote start signal to start sampler or interface". One end of the cable only with pin 1, 3, 7 , which I believe is connected with APG REMOTE on G1512. I am wondering what the cable is really used for? Is that true that without it, the autoinjector will not be prompted to run from the computer software? And if it 's very necessary to have it connected, where the other end of the cable is exactly on the GC? Thanks a lot!

Michelle
G1512A controller needs to have an address that will be entered in Configuration Editor, they must match. You don't necessarily need to use the Agilent G1512A controller default address number (which I cannot remember offhand).

Yes, you need a remote cable between the computer and the G1512A controller.
2 posts Page 1 of 1