Chemstation post sequence automatic loads standby method?

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

In lab where I work we have 7890B GC with 5977A MSD. For acquisition purposes we use Mass Hunter MSD Chemstation Data Analysis GC/MS Acquisition B.07.00 SP2 1654 29.08.2013. For data analysis we use Chemstation MSD F.01.00.1903. We need to automatic load standby method on some way, after sequence end. I see on Run sequence window Pre-sequence Macros/Commands and Post-Sequence Macros/Commands which can apply on Acquisition or/and Data Analysis. When I click on Browse its open window with *.mac files like cqual.mac, custparm.mac, deuser.mac. I don’t know what this file can execute, and I don’t know how can edit and personalize this macro files. Did anyone know something about that, or share with me a link or file or some experience?

Thanks in advance,
Sasa.
sale2071 wrote:
... and Post-Sequence Macros/Commands which can apply on Acquisition or/and Data Analysis. When I click on Browse its open window with *.mac files like cqual.mac, custparm.mac, deuser.mac. I don’t know what this file can execute, and I don’t know how can edit and personalize this macro files. Did anyone know something about that, or share with me a link or file or some experience?

Thanks in advance,
Sasa.

Check Post-Sequence Macro/Command and in the window write a command which loads the method of your choice. Syntax of this command should be in help file of aquisition program.
On one of our chemstation instrument it loads the method that was loaded before the sequence was run.
The .mac files can be read and modified using NotePad.

Gasman
This is not the first time that this has come up. Below is a reply I sent out and this works and does NOT need any macros to be written.

I am not a mass spec user or masshunter user, but the following works with the normal ChemStation. Talking with a colleague who is familiar with masshunter, thinks it may work.

1. Configure a valve on your GC to be a Gas Sampling valve. This can be done even if you do not have valves installed on your GC.
2. Select the injection source as the gas sampling valve.
3. Save the method using a unique name such as blank.m
4. Set up a sequence and enter '1' for the vial number and using the method 'blank.m'

Now run your one line sequence and see if it works.

If it works, then just include this entry into your normal sequence table.

Gasman
GasMan wrote:
This is not the first time that this has come up. Below is a reply I sent out and this works and does NOT need any macros to be written.

I am not a mass spec user or masshunter user, but the following works with the normal ChemStation. Talking with a colleague who is familiar with masshunter, thinks it may work.

1. Configure a valve on your GC to be a Gas Sampling valve. This can be done even if you do not have valves installed on your GC.
2. Select the injection source as the gas sampling valve.
3. Save the method using a unique name such as blank.m
4. Set up a sequence and enter '1' for the vial number and using the method 'blank.m'

Now run your one line sequence and see if it works.

If it works, then just include this entry into your normal sequence table.

Gasman

Easiest way is as listed above for Mass Hunter or MSDChemstation, just load the standby method in the software, just as if you were going to do the single run or to edit the method. Run a sequence with any method you choose as normal. When the sequence finishes it will automatically default to the last method loaded prior to the sequence being started. No need for macros or any special settings. Whatever method is loaded before you hit Run Sequence will be reloaded once the sequence finishes.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
6 posts Page 1 of 1