HiVac 5975C problems?

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello to everyone

Some times on monitor (chemstation) de value of HiVac change from 3,50e-05 to 9,99e+09 for 1 seconds...some times only one time but some times for a long period. Some times I restart the chemstation and stops. other times don't stop. Not always....only sometimes. A pump problem? How can I check if I have a problem on pump..... Can be related with software or its for sure from the pump? Thanks in advance.
This most likely means that your High Vacuum Ion Gauge is beginning to fail or the filament inside is dirty. I am not sure if they sell the rebuild kits for those or if you have to replace the gauge. It is the small box on the rear of the analyzer housing that has Micro Ion E on it and there is an LED beside the signal cable. If it flashes RED when the reading goes to 9.99 then that is the problem and vacuum pump is probably OK.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
2 posts Page 1 of 1