HP 5890 step down transformer requirements

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I am in Australia and have had a HP5890 GC come into my possession from a colleague in the US which is 120V. I need to get a step down transformer to be able to operate it, any ideas on the output in watts i would require?

Many thanks in advance
There should be a panel on the back with the power requirements. Also, if I remember correctly (which is hope over expectation !), you may be able to convert it to 220 V by shifting some jumpers. Do you have manuals ?

Peter
Peter Apps
petehops wrote:
Hi all

I am in Australia and have had a HP5890 GC come into my possession from a colleague in the US which is 120V. I need to get a step down transformer to be able to operate it, any ideas on the output in watts i would require?

Many thanks in advance

This should be very useful:

https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/supp ... a15282.pdf
I know the 5890s required 110v and 20amp circuits if that helps. I believe they pull 2200VA max as listed on the back panel, but has been a while since I saw one.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
4 posts Page 1 of 1