moisture analysis using GC-TCD

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
How can I analyse moisture using my GC(TCD detector) with a Molecular Sieve as well as a Poropack column with Helium carrier gas ?
You cannot measure moisture with the sieve, it will not elute in any kind of reasonable time. You can probably measure it with the Porapak but the peak shape may be atrocious, depends on which Porapak. Also, you must have a way to inject just on the Porapak to detector, i.e. without the sieve in line.

About the TCD, what kind of detection limits are you hoping to achieve, because with a TCD they will not be that great.

Best regards.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1117 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:50 pm