Heaspace GC parameter equivalency

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am new to this forum and would appreciate any help. I am currently working on equivalency of a method which I do not have the HS-GC autosampler model number for, only the (although it may be a TriPlus RSH or Ellutia EL2000H) based on the parameters listed). I am familiar with the Agilent G1888, 7694 and the PE 40 HS autosamplers, and none of these have the parameters listed in this method. I would like to determine the equivalent parameters on a G1888 (e.g. loop temp, transfer line temp, loop fill time, vial pressure, shaker hi/low, etc.) to the following parameters I am not familiar with:

Agitation Speed: 500 rpm
Agitation on time: 10 second
Agitation time off: 10 second
Syringe Temp: 100C
Fill speed: 1ml/sec.
Pullup Delay: 500 msec.
Inject to: GC-inj.
Injection speed: 1ml/sec.
Pre inj. delay: 0 msec.
Post inj. delay: 0 msec.
Syringe flushing: 5 min.

If anyone is familiar with these parameters and/or autosampler and could assist with understanding the equivalent G1888 parameters, I would appreciate it greatly.

Blake
Welcome to the forum.

Sad to say, apart from the temperature the parameters of a syringe injection do not transfer to a valve and loop sampler. What are conspicuously missing from the method you have are the sample temperature and equilibration time, so you can just as well start from scratch.

If you tell us what you want to analyse we might be able to give some suggestions.

Peter
Peter Apps
2 posts Page 1 of 1