By xxx on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 02:40 am:

Does anyone has a method for this analysis.
Approximatively 25-30 allergens in soap.
Is spme a good choice?
HP1-HP5 column phase?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By GC Dave on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 04:26 am:

Try looking at this to start with:

http://www.ifraorg.org/News.asp?Sel=12

Are these the allergens you are referring to?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By xxx on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 07:32 am:

Yes that's it...
But i have also a matrix problem Soap,i should try spme??

Thank you Gc Dave

By Consumer Products Guy on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 07:57 am:

XXX (GC Dave): if it's your product, I would assay the fragrance itself and calculate the theoretical amounts in your finished product. I'd have a tough time rationalizing that any regulatory agency would have a problem with that, one can't create matter. However, knowing government beaurocracies, if you have bar soap, I'd blend the sample (10 g) with 100 ml of acetone, then filter; this will leave the sodium soap behind (use a sparkproof blender, or use DMF instead). If you're meaning liquid soaps (which are usually really synthetic detergents), it's tougher to separate out the matrix without diluting too much (e.g. mixed bed ion exchange), so I'd again try acetone or methanol, and filter. Fight for the fragrance-assay approach.

By stephane on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 09:25 am:

You can use the injector OPTIC 3 from ATAS or SHIMADZU with the accessory DMI to analyse
quite directly your soap.