By Benjamin on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 11:50 am:

Dear Friends;

This is going to be a really odd request. I hope someone can help me locate a picture of a Perkin Elmer Model 154L Gas Chromatograph. The PE website does not have anything like that.

If you know of a book, bulletin, or webpage where I could find it, please let me know.

Thanks;

Benjamin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Anonymous on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 01:32 pm:

http://www.baseline-technology.com/perkin_elmer_gc.jpg
^ is that it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Benjamin on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 07:30 am:

Dear Anonymus;

Thanks for your help, but no, that picture is not the 154 model. I do not quite identify the model in it but it looks much more recent than the one I am looking for.

The 154 was regarded in its time as the first commercially succesful GC produced in the US. I believe it was introduced in the late 50s or early 60s. With time it became a legend of sorts. I remember hearing about two 154 model GCs in Switzerland that were operated for 12 years day and night without failure.

Thanks again.

Benjamin

By Beppe on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 08:44 am:

Benjamin,

I have been able to find out that PE model 154 was launched in 1955.
Maybe you should ask PerkinElmer http://las.perkinelmer.com/

By Benjamin on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 12:15 pm:

Dear Beppe;

Thanks for the suggestion. May guess is that PE will not even bother to read such request. I still hope someone has a book or manual with the picture I need.

Benjamin

By Beppe on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 11:47 pm:

Benjamin,

I am pretty sure Mr Leslie Ettre could help you.
Try to contact him at lcgcedit@lcgcmag.com.

By Benjamin on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 12:38 pm:

Dear Beppe;

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I did not believe L.S. Ettre would respond, but he has, and he even sent me a handwritten letter. We are in the process of finding the pictures I need.

Benjamin