By Anonymous on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 11:05 am:

I've lost the link I had to a company that cleans and re-deactivates inlet liners. Does anyone know anything about this service?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bernd Mischke on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 04:03 am:

Hi Anon,

You can do it by yourself:

take a solution of 10% vol DMCS or DMDCS in toluene and bath it for few minutes. Thats the deactivation. But don't touch the solution with your fingers!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Anonymous on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:18 pm:

Thanks for the deactivation tip, but I think the more difficult process is the cleaning of the liner. It is difficult, if not impossible to dislodge septum particles and residue, particularly out of spme liners, without damaging the interior. The procedure by Jennings, et al in their book "Analytical Gas Chromatography" seems straightforward enough (soaking with acid) but I am skeptical that this will work on seriously dirty liners. That's why I was intrigued by a company that provides this service at a cost less than that of new liners.

By anonymous on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:36 pm:

www.chromatogen.com advertises liner restoration for $3.75 each