Oven not heating up problem

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have a problem here and I will really appreciate it if you all have any idea what actions should I take to mitigate this issue.
During the run, the GC encountered some oven issues in which the screen had the status shown as :
#1 Oven shut off (Shutdown #1)
#2 Status: Oven temperature at 38 degree celsius but since it shut off, cannot set any temperature.

Thank you for the help.

Regards,
hts123
Hello

If it is Agilent GC - you can have defective oven heater drive or a defective oven sensor.To determine if the oven sensor is broken just measure its resistance. The resistance will be 100 ohms if the sensor is working correctly. A much larger value indicates a faulty sensor.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
On an Agilent system the first check should be to confirm the oven vents are closed when the oven is heating up. You can see these from the back of the instrument. The drive motor for the flaps can be prone to failure.

GCguy
GCguy
gcguy wrote:
On an Agilent system the first check should be to confirm the oven vents are closed when the oven is heating up. You can see these from the back of the instrument. The drive motor for the flaps can be prone to failure.

GCguy

Yes, check this first. I've seen bad motors, even a flap that fell off and needed riveted back on.
Thank you all very much for the replies... I really appreciate them.

Regards,
hts123
5 posts Page 1 of 1