Peak tailing

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

32 posts Page 3 of 3
Poor column cuts could be the problem - how are you doing them ? How do they look under 10x magnification, no cracks and polyimide tags ?

Peter
Peter Apps
If the column cuts are nice and square, I'd definitely try a liner that has the wool about 2 cm or so from the bottom. Unfortunately I'm much more familiar with Agilent GCs but I know the location of the glass wool in the liner can make a huge difference. For our diesel analysis, when the glass wool was not far enough toward the bottom of the inlet liner, the peak shape of octacosane would behave very similar to what your are seeing. We used these liners:

http://www.restek.com/catalog/view/49236

What is your injection volume?
32 posts Page 3 of 3