Air compressor for FID air.

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Olivialisa wrote:
MSCHemist wrote:
Can you use Inland 45 for lubricating such compressors. At least that oil designed for GC/MS roughing pumps does not putout any significant volatile hydrocarbons.

I have not experience to Inland 45. How much capacity of it and CFM at producing Pressure?

The Inland45 is a type of oil used inside the compressor.

If used instead of normal oil there will be less hydrocarbons in the air stream from the compressor.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Personally I'd recommend drying the air before it gets to the gas generator, preferably from an oil-less compressor. Far less problems in the long term.

I'm currently using an Ekom dental compressor with dryer, supplying a Parker Balston 78-40 TOC gas generator, a bit dated now but similar to this
tphase wrote:
Personally I'd recommend drying the air before it gets to the gas generator, preferably from an oil-less compressor. Far less problems in the long term.

I'm currently using an Ekom dental compressor with dryer, supplying a Parker Balston 78-40 TOC gas generator, a bit dated now but similar to this

We use a hospital grade refrigerated dryer for our house air. It removes the moisture and hydrocarbons really well. Before we added the dryer we didn't use the house air much, and when we tried to start using a nitrogen generator we had moisture problems and we actually drained almost 10 gallons of water from the lowest point in the air lines :roll: . Don't have that problem now.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
18 posts Page 2 of 2