FID Not responding

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Agilent 6890 Series GC with FID and TCD showing Front detector not found (FID). What can be the possible cause. Please help
FID not connected ?
Peter Apps
Temperature sensor is open circuit ( broken )
uzman wrote:
Temperature sensor is open circuit ( broken )

This may be the cause. In the display panel in front of the GC it is showing Temp Not installed. If this is the reason is it required to buy only the heator sensor assembly or any other items?Kindly help
Temperature sensor and the heater assy is sold together , and it is better ( and easier ) to change both.
Sensor is a tiny and fragile part so care is needed during installation.
bijish wrote:
Agilent 6890 Series GC with FID and TCD showing Front detector not found (FID). What can be the possible cause. Please help

Did you solve the problem. I encountered the same problems. And we have same issue here.

When I was doing an experiment. Suddenly, The thermal system had a fault. All the temperature was off. So I waited for everything cooled down. Shutdown the GC system completely. After that, I restarted the GC. I increased the FID’s temperature to 200C. Everything was good. As I increasing the temperature to 400C. FID’s temperature cannot stable at 400C. There was much oscillation here. Then, the front panel of FID showed “ Temp not installed”.
6 posts Page 1 of 1