Varian cp-3800 stuck at initializing...

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Replacing the battery of the motherboard has solved the "stuck at initializing" problem for me too. (Varian CP-3800)

Thank you very much.
Hello everyone,

Does replacement of the CR2477 batter on Varian 3800 change the configuration? In other words, did you guys have to reconfigure everything after replacing the battery?

My issue is not quite the same. On my GC, the fans turn on, but the LCD display doesnt and there is no communication with the software. Just trying to see if replacing the battery can help here.
Hi all!

Just want to share my recent knowledge about this topic. Our workstation computer has stopped working, and we were had to replace it with another. It was important that it had to be the same configuration model, because of the motherboard compatibility, etc. Basically we have put the winchester into another same config computer. When we started the GC system, and the computer we had to read out the IP adress of the computer and the GC. It cannot be the same, or it wont work at all. The computer mechanic added 1 to the last number, so it were 10.2.128.2 and 10.2.128.3. On the command script we pinged them, and there was answer from both. So we were just changing the IP adresses and everything worked well. The BTC cable is very sensitive. A little move, or similar could result a connection lost. You should check it first, if there is no connection. hope i could help.
Varian GCs are now called Scion instruments. They are manufacturing parts for new and old GCs and also provide software upgrades.

Reach out using sunny.singh@scioninstruments.com
19 posts Page 2 of 2