Star Chromatography Workstation Software

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a very old varian 3400 with a saturn II massspec. I need the sofware with the modules for both the gc and the ms. Varian no longer supports this instrument and they don't have the orginal software available. The orginal software is dos based and is listed as version 4.0. If you have the orginal software could you send to me as a zipped file? My email address is ptate@hsc.usf.edu.

Thanks,
Paul Tate

I have Varian 3300, 3700 and 3400 running on the Varian Galaxie system.

Is upgrade of the CDS an option?
What is a CDS? (Centralized data system?) If that is what it means this is a stand alone system and I really don't care what software I use so long as it works!

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
paul

CDS - Chromatography data system.

Galaxie, along with many other (EZChrome, Waters etc) will run one instrument or a network of client servers.

We have an old GC/MS system from varian. The GC is an 3400cx and the MS is a Sarurn4D. We run Varians Saturn software ver. 5.2

Would that be of any use to you?

BTW when we are on the subjuct. Does anyone know the rules for sharing this old software? I can't see why Varian should care since they don't deal with this software anymore. But from time to time I have noticed that my point of views are NOT shared by the software companies... :)
Kind regards
Leadazide
I don't know if it the 5.2 version is too new to run my old instrument or not. My gc hooks up to a serial port which varian tells me is the very first setup used and is very old. I would like to give it a try can you send the files with the moduleware via a zip file?

Yes I'm also very paranoid about sharing licensed software but I think you are right, since they don't even support the older version of software as well as my older instruments I can't image they care. They can't expect me to buy the newest version of Star because it won't work on my old system!

Any help, thanks.

Paul Tate
ptate@hsc.usf.edu

ps since our firewall deletes just about all attachements except Office documents it would help if you change the zip extension to doc and then I can change it back.
6 posts Page 1 of 1