problem in start up of Varian GC-450

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello we are using Varian GC-450, from few days when we start the system it takes lot of time to start and some time did start but its lights are blinking without any display,but it start after few switch on & off .

some body help me to sort out this problem

thanks
This could be a lot of different things.

What firmware is the GC? You can get this info by pressing the "?" button.
Bruker (and Varian) Engineer happy to give advice on GC, GCMS and LCMS products.
software version is 1.08
It might be looking for the connection to the PC, have you changed anything? Checked the cables are all in?
Where can I buy the kit they use in CSI?
we have changed the power supply of PC few days back
Are you running Fixed IP or BootP?
Bruker (and Varian) Engineer happy to give advice on GC, GCMS and LCMS products.
fixed IP

During start up it give following

Lilo 22.8 Loading Bios..........................................
Bios data checked Bypassed
Varian/bruker Technician sort out that CPU board is Faulty (Cp741068 programmed CPU Board)
Please help me for its Price &
We have other same GC with diffrent configuration & same part can we use this part without any trouble with both GC's

Please help me on urgent basis

Advance thanks
arfeen66 wrote:
Hello we are using Varian GC-450, from few days when we start the system it takes lot of time to start and some time did start but its lights are blinking without any display,but it start after few switch on & off .

thanks

Hi, we had the same problem on two instruments (450-GC from 2008, Firmware 1.08). The battery on the mainboard delivered 0.3V instead of 3V, when it was replaced the instruments started up fine.
For sure worth a try - a battery has to be a lot cheaper than a new board !

Welcome to the forum !

Peter
Peter Apps
martin_a wrote:
arfeen66 wrote:

thanks

Hi, we had the same problem on two instruments (450-GC from 2008, Firmware 1.08). The battery on the mainboard delivered 0.3V instead of 3V, when it was replaced the instruments started up fine.

Hello,

We are also having the same problem on a VARIAN gc-450. How did check the voltage of the battery to know that it was delivering less.
thanks
arfeen66 wrote:

thanks

Hello

I agree with Martin, one of our customer had same problem (the unit does not complete booting and you get blinking cursor), there is a battery on the main board looks like coin, I cannot remember part number), the easy way remove this battery and look for replacements locally(2 or 3 $ price), replace it and it should work.

Good luck
Same problem today, same solution:
cycling LED colors on the panel, Linux doesn't start, so I changed the battery CR2032 on the 450-GC motherboard, and everything just work like a charm again :D
It was the same problem with older versions too (Varian 3400), and often with PC-s (forget the time, old files cause problems with the virus scanner etc.).
Cheers, and thanks for the forum!
Alex
Hi,
We have a Bruker 450-GC and experienced the same main board issue. Can some one tell me how to locate the main board battery in 450 GC system?
Thanks
I am having similar problems with the Varian 450GC--- screen on but nothing on it and all LEDs blinking in order. It could be the battery on motherboard....what type and kind of battery should I look for when troubleshooting? Thanks for the help.
17 posts Page 1 of 2