Problem in Methanizer of Varian 450-GC

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
We are using Varian 450-GC for low level of CO, CO2 & Methane in H2. but our Methanizer catalyst is not working what we can do, change the Methanizer or replace the NI catalyst , somebody help me how to change the catalyst or we can regenrate the catalyst thanks
Comparing the cost of replacement of catalyst versus regeneration of catalyst, replacement is the right choice. Not even close.

A methanizer will last for years if hydrocarbons and water are not passed through it, but if not, then a lifetime of weeks or even less is possible.

best wishes,

Rod
A side-question as we have a methaniser but it's something of an unknown: how critical are the gases? We don't filter anything here, and the old Pye 104 with the methaniser has been running for about a million years on nitrogen carrier with a constant hydrogen supply (you do have to fire it up the day before you want it though). The new replacement has not been installed yet (Agilent not covering themselves in glory) but we would of course not want to break it any time soon. Or do you mean HC/water in samples?
Where can I buy the kit they use in CSI?
yes, in samples, Johnny.

Rod
Dear all

I have a Varian 450-GC that I want to use in photocatalytic reaction, but I don't know the method for CO2, CO, and hydrocarbons detection.

Could someone help me?

Thanks
TCD for high level concentrations without methanizer or FID+methanizer for low level conc.
Mostafa,

Is your GC configured with at least two valves? One valve is for loop injection (and perhaps backflush) while the second would be doing a column switch between a mol-sieve and a porous polymer. This is the starting point for this application.

Best regards,

AICMM
7 posts Page 1 of 1